Changing times bring changing needs. Are you ready?
From fun and flashy to sweet and sophisticated, young women in their twenties can channel a multitude of moods. Understanding this age group will allow you to recommend the best services and products. Twenties women are open to new trends and willing to experiment. Some may be trying to ward off early signs of aging or interested in preventative care. While student loans and entry-level jobs put a cap on budgets, they still want to feel good and look even better.
“Many patients come to us in their twenties seeking treatment for the permanent scarring that may result from acne. Laser resurfacing and epidermal peels are treatments of choice,” says Dr. Lisa Kellett, dermatologist, DLK on Avenue. Reversing premature signs of aging may be a concern for those who routinely indulge in late night cocktails and caffeine-fueled mornings. Microdermabrasion followed by an oxygen-infused facial can correct damage and leave skin plump and smooth.
1. Murad – Acne Complex 30 Day Kit murad.com
2. G.M. Collin – Skin Clear Gel gmcollin.com
3. Guinot – Crème Blancheur (Lightening Cream) soparc.ca
It’s never too late to start protecting skin. Kellett recommends daily use of an SPF 30 product to shield against the sun’s harmful rays and prevent age and sun spots from developing. She also suggests moisturizing daily and using a one per cent retinol at night since skin tends to get drier with age.
4. Eminence Organics – Apricot Whip Moisturizer eminenceorganics.com
5. St. Tropez – Self Tan Bronzing Mousse and Applicator Mitt sttropeztan.com
6. Dermalogica – Extra Rich Faceblock SPF30 dermalogica.ca
7. Yon-Ka – Vital Defense phytoderm.com
Trend conscious twenty-somethings want to stay in style. Sophisticated types may lean towards spring 2012’s soft nude nails (think greys, creams, and shell pinks) and classic reds, while the more fashion-forward may experiment with sparkles, nail designs (remember Zooey Deschanel’s tuxedo nails at the Golden Globes?) or crackle polish.
8. CND – Cream Washed cnd.com
9. Essie – Navigate Her essie.com